IT and Facilities Support Engineer
LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Going Further”
As an IT & Facilities Support Engineer, you will be joining us at an important phase of on-going growth. you will be responsible for maintaining and improving our IT and Facilities services such as helpdesk calls, infrastructure support and network and server maintenance. This is a wide-ranging role focused on supporting the business to ensure it can operate and grow efficiently.
- IT infrastructure support & delivery projects:
- Client, server, storage, network, communication & security systems.
- Maintain documentation.
- Responsibility for system backups/restores.
- General IT operations, support & delivery duties.
- Co-ordination and implementation of on-going IT & Facilities related projects.
- Monitoring of systems availability.
- Purchase order request administration.
- Stock, asset control and auditing administration.
- General IT administration.
- General Facilities tasks to support the business.
- Installation, configuration and administration of operating systems and applications.
- Implementation, configuration and administration of hardware platforms.
- Prioritised action on outstanding items on a task list or helpdesk queue.
- Logging and tracking of helpdesk calls.
- Maintaining and supporting change management processes.
- Prioritising important tasks to be completed.
- Ordering and chasing purchases, including raising purchase order
- Attendance and active participation in IT department meetings.
- Liaise with 3rd Party Suppliers and consultants.
- Project related work for the above
What we look for:
- Experience in working in an IT support role.
- Experience in implementing and supporting Microsoft Servers/Desktop Clients.
- Understanding of current H&S legislation.
- Strong knowledge of Windows7/10, MS Windows Server 2008R2, 2012 & Office 365.
- Understanding of network principles.
- Good attention to detail and thrives under pressure.
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org