Junior Mechanical Inspector
LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Going Further”
The role of a Junior Mechanical Inspector is responsible for ensuring that all parts and processes comply with all customer, third party and regulatory requirements and for upholding the relevant strategies and objectives defined by the Quality Department.
- To ensure that all components and tooling are manufactured to exacting standards.
- Inspection of purchased items at Goods Inwards receipt.
- Inspection of in-house manufacturing sub-assemblies and top level assemblies in accordance with drawing, job card and final inspection requirements.
- Generation of “Inspection Reports”
- Help identify continuous improvement techniques to aid in achieving both department and business objectives.
What we look for:
- Experience of working in an inspection role in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Experience of using a range of handheld measuring equipment and working with QA systems.
- Knowledge of composites and/or mechanical component manufacturing and processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods, quality system design and documentation.
- Have the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and work as a team.
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org