LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Going Further”
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be supporting the launch of our products within our assembly facility and the subsequent day to day activities associated with manufacturing engineering.
- Manpower and ramp planning.
- Ownership of production hours and process times.
- Production of pre-production and ramp plans.
- Process writing, using interlocked and error proofing process control systems for assembly operations using DC tooling & Pivotware.
- Support DFM workshops with engineering designers.
- Provide general DFM guidance during the product design process.
- Concern resolution activities.
- Ensure departmental KPIs and deliverables are met.
- Generate and update layouts of the production facility (auto cad).
- Jig and tool design.
- Liaising with sub-contractors.
- Ownership of contractors RAM documentation.
- RFQ generation.
- Specifying new equipment.
- Capturing concerns.
- Work alongside H&S to ensure all necessary policies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Any other activities necessary to ensure the Production department delivers its objectives.
What we look for:
- Extensive knowledge of working with composites.
- Experienced working in a highly regulated OEM industry such as defence, medical etc.
- Ability to adapt to a changing business and cover all manufacturing engineer functions when required.
- Ability to foster excellent relationships with our suppliers.
- Experience of meeting strict KPI’s within a manufacturing department.
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com