Production Team Leader
LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You”
You will be responsible for leading all manufacturing within the assembly and Carbon production cells, supporting the Production Manager with the day-to-day management of the Carbon manufacturing area. Overseeing a team of Operators in the manufacture of Carbon Fibre and be responsible for the quality of the product being produced in your area.
- Provide leadership and line management to the team
- Coordinate workloads
- Provide support to ensure that the team delivers, monitor ay issues and ensuring production targets
- Understand Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and quality standards are met
- Develop the team by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards
- Foster a culture of working safely
- Implement and maintain Standardized Work Procedures to ensure minimal downtime of equipment and continuity of quality
- Be pro-active towards quality and production issues
- Maintain control of manufacturing and quality data within the manufacturing process
- Control material, component and process traceability to aviation standards
- Review, implement and update company records e.g. absenteeism and training documents etc.
- Drive down production costs including waste, downtime, scrap and re-work by ensuring adherence to process
What we look for:
- Experience of working within a volume composite manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong eye for detail
- The ability to thrive in a challenging environment
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com