LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Going Further”
We’re looking for bright, talented individuals to join our production team to help assemble electro-mechanical aviation products using strict, high specification electronically controlled assembly tooling.
- To produce complex electro-mechanical products from sub-assemblies through to final product assembly
- Work to strict computer driven and sequenced assembly processes using high specification electronically controlled assembly tooling
- Interpret and input product traceability data into the company ERP system
- Possess an innovative and flexible approach to creative problem solving to deliver high-quality solutions
- Provide supervision and training to colleagues as required
- Ensure quality speed and cost requirements are met, adherence to production operation times
- Remain self-motivated and flexible within the work environment and be willing to work in other areas of the business as requested by your line Manager
- Communicate any manufacturing issues to your relevant line manager, QE or design authority.
- Ensure that company wide policies and procedures are adhered to wherever and whenever appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and tidy working environment, working within the departments COSHH guidelines and ensuring that all relevant Health and Safety requirements are met
- Ensure all processes are signed off at the end of each operation
- Have a flexible attitude to attendance, both in line with the requirements of the role, and any specific requirements of the manufacturing team leader or Manufacturing manager
- Work in a professional manner at all times regardless of the task set and proactively promote a positive image for the department and Mirus Aircraft Seating Limited
- Have the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and work as a team
- As a term of your employment with Mirus Aircraft Seating, you may be required to undertake such other duties commensurate with your remuneration and/or hours of work at your initial place of work
What we look for:
- Previous assembly experience (product specific training will be given)
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of mechanical assembly process when using metallic, plastic and composite structures
- Able to comprehend and apply complex written PC based assembly processes
- Thrive in a challenging environment and have a flexible attitude
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org