LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You”
The Project Manager will take responsibility for managing new seat product application projects through to serial production. The role is highly cross-functional and will involve managing all phases of new product introduction (NPI) from concept to launch. Furthermore, the Project Manager may expect to take project management responsibility for elements of Mirus product R&D activity, in addition to other internal and external change initiatives.
Ideal candidates for this role would have experience as a project coordinator/manager in product development and manufacturing environment and looking to progress in a project/programme management career. You would be joining Mirus in a phase of significant growth and will have a flexible, proactive and energetic approach in line with such an environment.
- Full project management accountability for low-medium risk/complexity serial production projects, according to Mirus new product introduction (NPI) process.
- Typical activities within this project support role include generation and maintenance of cross-functional project plans, organisation and documentation of project meetings, creation/analysis/reporting of project metrics, coordination with the finance department to maintain project cost control.
- Execution of Mirus NPI process e.g. organisation of programme milestones and design review events, preparation of deliverables/checklists; in conjunction with functional heads, managing the product development team to a successful conclusion of programme gateways.
- Provide Support in the generation of proposals and bids through to successful conclusion.
- Lead selected continuous improvement activities, e.g. coordination of VA/VE, quality reviews etc.
- Take project management responsibility for smaller product change actions, proposal generation activities and Mirus feature/product development initiatives.
- Support Programme and Quality Managers in the execution of various certification body (e.g. EASA) and OEM (e.g. Airbus) approval programmes which may be undertaken by Mirus.
- Support development of Mirus project management in line with APM competence framework and APQP principles.
What we look for:
- Proactive attitude to projects and developing new ideas
- Knowledge of Aerospace technologies and product development
- APM or Prince Professional qualified
- Experience of AS9100
- The ability to communicate and present at all levels
- Familiar with working to tight deadlines or within a target driven climate
- Willingness to learn
- Time management and organisational skills
- Team player
*Please note this position may require occasional travel. The individual must hold a current passport and be willing to undertake short and long haul travel on an as required basis.
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org