Senior Quality Engineer
LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Going Further”
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will develop and implement quality activities for both engineering and manufacturing disciplines with the emphasis on; error prevention, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, legislation, regulation, international standards adherence and the reduction of variation and waste in all elements of the product lifecycle. This will range from initial development phases through prototyping to production and the life cycle of the product. Understanding of new product introduction processes is required, as is Conformity of Production requirements.
You will be expected to lead FMEA activities, Concerns resolution/ Problem-solving activities, provide KPI information and improvement actions.
In new programme activities, you will ensure Quality deliverables are understood and achieved, and provide support to prototype builds as well as the product launch and ramp to full production.
- The suitable candidate will have a strong quality and/or aerospace background gained within medium to high volume manufacturing.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining quality processes (through-out the organisation), documentation and metrics including process maps, procedures, processes and various registers and logs to demonstrate compliance to Part 21 Subpart G, Part 21 Subpart J and AS9100.
- Compile, maintain and manage other key quality documents, including customer Quality Plans and DOA-POA arrangements.
- Performing internal audits/ surveillance to verify compliance to Part 21 Subpart G, Part 21 Subpart J, AS9100 and specific customer requirements.
- Supporting the Site Quality Manager to develop, implement and maintain the Business Management systems to meet legislative/ regulatory requirements, the needs of customers, the business and its stakeholders.
- Supporting business processes and personnel in continuous improvement activities in addition to providing information concerning product and process quality performance.
- Supporting the New Product Introduction (prototype and production build support) process through quality planning and implementation, liaising with customers, internal functions and suppliers.
- Lead the development of internal PFMEAs, process flow charts and PPAPs.
- Review and investigate concessions, production permits, internal and customer rejects and returns.
- Liaise with other approved production and design organisation as necessary.
- Manage non-conformances/ occurrence reports and lead investigation and resolution using 8D problem-solving
- Issue airworthiness certificate (Form1s) to goods being dispatched upon completing the obligations associated with the role of a signatory.
- Liaising and supporting the supplier quality assurance representatives in understanding the internal and specific customer requirements.
- Ensuring all quality data is captured and analysed against targets taking action on adverse variation to standard and reporting KPIs.
- Provide coaching in disciplined problem solving and advice on technical issues.
- Compile and review AS9102 FAIRs (First Article Inspection Reports).
- Able to use the crucial Quality tools in order to continually increase the performance of manufacturing from a quality perspective (FMEA, RCA, SPC, Process capability studies / MSA, Gauge R&R etc.).
- Minimum of 3+ years related experience, preferably in an EASA Part 21 G & J environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in project/time management and the ability to prioritize job duties and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Perform any other activities necessary to ensure the Quality department achieves its deliverables and objectives.
What we look for:
- IQA Certification
- Experience of Aerospace DOA-POA Procedures
- Continuous improvement and 5s minded
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering information
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com