Senior Stress & Structures (CAE) Engineer
LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Going Further”
The Senior Stress and Structures Engineer will take responsibility for developing and validating stress, structural and occupant safety performance of Mirus seating products. The role is highly CAE-focused, and as such will require the successful candidate to have experience of executing and applying dynamic, non-linear analysis techniques e.g. RADIOSS in a relevant environment. In addition to working closely with the design engineering team, the position will ensure the coherent integration of CAE activities with physical testing, along with guiding other CAE analysts and/or test and development engineers.
Ideal candidates for this role would have analysis and integration experience in either aviation, automotive or other occupant safety industries, and be looking to progress to a leadership position in this field. You would be joining Mirus in a phase of significant growth and will have a flexible, proactive and energetic approach in line with such an environment.
- Working in close collaboration with Design Engineering and Test & Certification, lead CAE development of seat structural performance and occupant injury requirements.
- During concept, development and validation phases, facilitate CAE-led design of Mirus seat assemblies and components which meet the requirements of (for example) dynamic structural testing, occupant injury performance, static strength and component abuse loading to the relevant EASA, FAA and aircraft OEM specifications.
- Development and validation (including correlation to test) of FE models in RADIOSS, Hyperworks to support the above objectives.
- Generation and use of global / concept FE models to assist with target setting phase of new product development.
- Design analysis to support component and system development of new Mirus products.
- Support generation of V&V plans with both virtual and physical validation activities.
- Close working with the test department to select appropriate evaluation method for stress, structural, occupant injury and component abuse loading requirements, including the definition of appropriate test protocols.
- Support of the T&D department with testing activities required for complementary evaluation of stress, structural, occupant and component requirements, including any additional testing required for validation of CAE models.
- Interface with external service providers (where required) to manage additional CAE support for Mirus programmes.
- Support certification programme activities to ensure CAE support for all relevant verification test programmes.
What we look for:
- Experience working as a Structural and Occupant analyst with RADIOSS, Hyperworks and Hypermesh.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry such as Aerospace, Automotive of Defence.
- Knowledge of physical test protocols associated with stress, structural and occupant analysis and experience of correlating CAE models to such tests.
- Understanding the role of CAE within the various development phases.
- Experience developing combined test/simulation DVPs and planning of CAE activities within NPI programmes.
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org