Mirus Aircraft Seating is looking for a talented Engineering Planner.
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You.”
The Engineering Planner will work on behalf of the Head of Design (HoD) with Senior Engineers to ensure and achieve:
- a) Engineering resources are planned and managed on an ongoing basis.
- b) Improved management of engineering specific deliverables devolved from the Project Management team and NPI rollout.
- c) Improvement of engineering workflows, technical processes and procedures.
This role would suit a technically oriented project manager with an engineering background looking to gain experience in engineering management.
- With Senior Engineers and Project Management teams, to define and maintain tools and processes enabling forward manpower planning.
- Update and report out on manpower requirements enabling Head of Design to satisfy the demand and control the allocation of engineering resources to the wider business.
- In conjunction with Engineering Leads, maintain consolidated engineering task/activity list, ensuring prioritisation is managed in line with program priorities.
- Work with Engineering leads to define all engineering resource requirements ensuring the delivery of Mirus NPI projects (e.g. manpower, facilities, prototyping, software…). Includes up-front planning/forecasting and regular status updates as per the NPI gateway process.
- Where appropriate, act as the Engineering representative into project gateways /reviews, reporting out on Engineering deliverables, issues and risks
- On behalf of HoD, Liaison with Finance / PM to ensure that Engineering resource costing is factored into planning, budgeting and ongoing reporting activities (e.g. via timesheets, pre-certification test/part costs, other engineering expenses)
- Report to the wider business on Engineering KPI’s.
- Identify engineering areas suitable for process improvement.
- Coordinate the rollout of the software upgrades and engineering process improvements.
- Coordination of engineering task assignment to develop young engineers’ scope of capabilities and identify engineering training requirements and or development opportunities.
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com