Mirus Aircraft Seating is looking for a talented Project Manager.
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You.”
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing seat projects from concept initiation through the certification phase and finally handing them over to serial production. The role is highly cross-functional and will involve managing all phases of new product introduction (NPI) from concept to launch. Furthermore, the Project Manager may expect to take project management responsibility for elements of Mirus product R&D activity, in addition to other internal and external change initiatives as well as managing external customers and/or OEMs.
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing projects, perhaps starting their PMO career as a project coordinator, has progressed to a project manager and is now looking for the next step in their career. Ideally, you will have worked within a manufacturing environment, either automotive or preferably aviation sector, with experience of the aviation product introduction processes. It would also be advantageous if you have participated in an OEM Project Management Capability Assessment such as the Airbus PMCA.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of a project, cost, time, project scope, and quality according to the Mirus New Product Introduction (NPI) procedure.
- Responsible for maintenance and reporting of overall project timelines in line with business requirements
- Develop and maintain resourced cross-functional MSP schedules for projects.
- Define, sign off and communicate project scope to all stakeholders in collaboration with the project team, senior management and stakeholders.
- Schedule, chair and report on cross-functional project gateway meetings.
- Manage project scope through the life of the project to ensure full scope is achieved and any change is assessed and recorded
- Responsible for communication with customers and stakeholders.
- Manage the change management process.
- Manage and report on the project budget.
- Responsible for project documentation
- Maintenance of the project action tracker including tracking of actions to completion and assessing the impact of late actions.
- Ownership of the project risk register in collaboration with the project team.
- Compiling and reporting project KPI’s to customers and stakeholders.
- Management of Project Team
- Schedule and lead project team meetings.
- Ensure all departments are resourced accordingly and escalate any resource concerns.
- Responsible for overall Project performance
- Monitoring and communication of performance via KPI’s to shareholders and customers.
- Use KPI’s to ensure the project timeline is secured and to predict where issues may arise.
- Initiate meetings to resolve scheduling/resource conflicts as required.
- Ensuring timely resolution of project issues to prevent timeline slip.
- Conduct cross-functional Lessons Learnt reviews and track actions to completion.
- Any other associated tasks on an as-required basis.
What we look for:
- Proactive attitude to projects and developing new ideas
- Minimum of 3 years of project coordinator or project management exposure in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Knowledge of Aerospace technologies and product development
- APM or Prince Professional qualified
- Experience of AS9100 & ISO/TS 16949
- The ability to communicate and present at all levels
- Familiar with working to tight deadlines or within a target driven climate
- Willingness to learn
- Time management and organisational skills
- Team player
*Please note this position may require occasional travel. The individual must hold a current passport and be willing to undertake short and long haul travel on an as-required basis.
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com