LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Going Further”
The Mirus engineering team is looking to grow with the addition of an experienced seating design engineer to the technical leadership group. You will be joining Mirus at an important phase of its on-going growth, and as such this position would suit an experienced design engineer looking to take the next step in their engineering career. As a key member of the product development and delivery team, you will be required to lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams to support the delivery of seating products for new customer programs. Additionally, your significant experience within the field of aircraft seating design and engineering will ensure that you are a key technical reference for both the development of new seating products and the continuous improvement of Mirus’ current products.
- Designing creating, updating parts, assemblies and technical drawings with CATIA V6
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Good understanding of surface modelling techniques
- High attention to detail of design
- Working as one of the engineering team contributing to design brainstorms and design reviews
- Provide general DFM guidance during the product design process
- Take part in concern resolution activities
- Liaising with sub-contractors
- Good understanding of materials and their capabilities
- Concept generations & concept implementation
- Supporting prototype manufacturing
- Continued support for current products
What we look for:
- Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Experienced user of CATIA (V5/V6)
- Experience with prototype manufacturing processes
- Understanding of EASA Part 21
- Thrive in a challenging environment and have a flexible attitude
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org