LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You”
As our Logistics Manager you will be primarily responsible for managing all inward & outward-bound logistics activities and associated staff within Mirus Aircraft Seating.
This pivotal role will see you leading, managing and shaping the logistic function to effectively support a volume aerospace manufacturing facility. Managing all logistics activities from obscure one off’s to delivering finished seats across the world, through to the daily JIT demands generated by a volume assembly line.
The successful individual will have a demonstrable logistics history, ideally including experience from an OEM automotive volume manufacturing environment. This role requires an individual who is commercially astute and able to deliver a logistic strategy appropriate for both current and future business needs.
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations as Logistics Manager your duties include but are not limited to:
- Implementation and ongoing management of an efficient milk run system (total solution from supplier to assembly) to support ongoing production demands;
- Consider Kanban solutions and introduce as appropriate;
- Continually review and asses international outward-bound logistic providers/solutions for the finished seat and spare parts distribution to customers;
- Skilled in packaging design to support logistic, commercial and environmental needs of the business;
- Be pivotal in the future design of carbon-neutral packaging and freight methods to support company goals;
- Customer liaison for all finished seat delivery communications;
- Support the Aftersales department with new and ongoing customer finished part supply demands;
- Continually review and assess courier providers/solutions to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective services and products are being utilised;
- Customs and Excise duty management knowledge would be helpful, with a sound demonstrable understanding of Incoterms for all freight types;
- Full understanding of warehouse processes to support ‘Pick to Pick’ requirements;
- Potentially managing a small departmental team;
- Develop and manage KPI’s for activities and report weekly;
- Communicate information accordingly to enable efficient planning of goods coming in and parts/products going out using JIT methodology;
- Ensure health and safety standards are maintained on an ongoing basis, actively promote individual and team responsibility for health and safety;
- Cross function support to all areas of the business.
- Must have a proven logistics background ideally from working within either an OEM automotive manufacturing facility, a major full-service logistic provider or the FMG industry;
- Be able to demonstrate experience of 3PL activities;
- In-depth Milk Run knowledge and experience is essential;
- Must be comfortable with Kanban and the implementation and ongoing management of said systems;
- Must be comfortable with all main methods of freight options (road, sea, air), and have a working relationship with the freight providers;
- Experience of using an ERP system, ideally Microsoft Dynamics NAV;
- Applicants to have good communication skills, be IT literate and in particular experience of using Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level;
- Be of strong character and able to represent the business without Support
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com