LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Going Further”
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this is an exciting and unique opportunity to join us here at Mirus Aircraft Seating. This is an exceptional chance to join this team and be part of an organisation that’s experiencing rapid growth. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a supplier base and sourcing strategy across the commodity group suitable to deliver the current and future needs of the business. The role will include the need to set up and manage the supply of production materials, tooling and/or services.
- Raise, execute and manage purchase orders
- Inventory control of materials and resources to production lines.
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers.
- Control and lead supplier negotiations.
- Develop and maintain a supplier base and sourcing strategy suitable to deliver the current and future needs of the business.
- Monitor and maintain the correct level of QCD performance.
- Strong contract awareness and capability to create and ensure the necessary contractual arrangements are in place to control and manage business risks.
- To analyse quotes and QAF’s to be able to effectively negotiate with the supplier, and to summarise the information for the supplier nomination process.
- To lead the supplier nomination process for your commodity area.
- To be able to implement a cost down program within your commodity base.
- Negotiating skills to include consideration of MRP, MOQ, and batch size constraints.
- To be mindful of total acquisition costs when negotiating with suppliers.
- To have an understanding of import duty regulations, Intrastat codes etc.
- To be able to manage a “High Risk” supplier if required.
- Forge and maintain effective and positive working relationships within Supply Chain. and across the business
- Provide relevant management reporting information.
- Any other activity necessary to ensure the Supply Chain group delivers its objective.
What we look for:
- Experienced working in either manufacturing of engineering industry.
- Understanding of ERP and MRP ordering system.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels both internally and externally.
- Reliable, conscientious and a strong eye for detail.
- Be able to thrive in a challenging environment and have a flexible attitude.
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com