Supplier Quality Engineer (SQA)
LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You”
The SQA Engineers are responsible for the Quality Assurance of purchased parts throughout the complete product cycle. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this is an exciting and unique opportunity to join us here at Mirus Aircraft Seating. This is an exceptional chance to join this team and be part of an organisation that’s experiencing rapid growth.
- SQA contribution to early-phase concept work and supplier nomination.
- SQA activities within the simultaneous engineering teams and at suppliers as part of the industrialisation process (NPI – APQP, PPAP. FAI )
- Series process and product approval.
- Ensuring launch readiness at component level for the introduction of new models.
- Closed-loop problem resolution of parts quality issues with suppliers.
- Management of supplier quality performance and implementation of corrective actions.
- Managing the parts quality implications of product changes, supplier relocations and model run-out.
- Managing and leading Supplier Quality Audits.
- Proactive & reactive Supplier Development activities, impacting on supplier process yield, continuity of supply and product quality.
- Hands-on experience of Lean Manufacturing
What we look for:
- Proven track record in Supplier Quality Assurance within the automotive and aerospace industries.
- Experience of AS9100 and ISO/TS 16949.
- Operational experience of quality systems, quality tools and techniques.
- Results-driven, able to prioritise and have the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Well presented with excellent timekeeping.
This position will require regular travel and the individual must hold a current passport, driving license and be willing to undertake short and long-haul travel.
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org