Test & Development Engineer
LOCATION: Hingham, Norfolk
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You”
As a key member of the Performance Engineer team, the Test & Development Engineer will support both design and certification engineering by developing and improving the seat design through the conduct of various types of testing and analysis. The role involves providing input at various stages of the product development cycle and in addition to testing expertise, requires knowledge of seat design, certification requirements and relevant CAE techniques. In addition to specific product development responsibilities, the T&D engineer will ideally contribute to the growth of Mirus capabilities in the various test protocols required for the seat design and certification.
Ideal candidates for this role will have experience as either a test and/or development engineer in a related field and will be seeking to progress within an engineering and/or certification environment. A strong practical background would also be beneficial in this fast-moving and hands-on role
- Specify, plan and undertake testing of seats and seat components in support of design and development activities for various application projects
- Conduct necessary analysis of completed testing and provide recommendations to release and/or commodity engineers
- Work with CAE engineers to ensure that testing is complementary to CAE-led design process and that all pre-and post-test analysis is conducted to allow correlation of models to test data
- Assist Release/Lead engineers with generation and maintenance of product DVPs for each application programme
- Work with Certification Manager/Engineer to ensure products are developed/pre-certified to an appropriate performance level, in line with agreed project risk levels and timeline
- Develop component and system test facilities to continuously improve Mirus capabilities in abuse, static strength and dynamic testing
- Conduct benchmarking and/or mock-up testing to assist Product Engineering with target-setting and new product development activities
What we look for:
- Knowledge of transducer data acquisition systems
- Familiar with Dynamic, static and abuse test protocols
- Ability to adapt to a changing business and assist with tasks not listed in the above duties
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong eye for detail
- The ability to thrive in a challenging environment
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this position email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com