Senior Design Engineer
Mirus Aircraft Seating is looking for a talented Senior Design Engineer.
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You.”
The Mirus engineering team is looking to grow with the addition of an experienced seating design engineer to the technical leadership group. You will be joining Mirus at an important phase of its on-going growth, and as such, this position would suit an experienced design engineer looking to take the next step in their engineering career. As a key member of the product development and delivery team, you will be required to lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams to support the delivery of seating products for new customer programs. Additionally, your significant experience within the field of aircraft seating design and engineering will ensure that you are a key technical reference for both the development of new seating products and the continuous improvement of Mirus’ current products.
- Engineering Project Lead for new product development projects, including:
- Liaising with the Programme Manager and Engineering Manager to plan projects and time
- Management of engineering team members according to the requirements of the project and available skillsets.
- Regular communication within the engineering department to ensure the team is on track and reporting progress to the programme
- Releasing and managing engineering data through the internal approval loop between all
- Act as Seat Design (Mechanical engineering) subject matter expert in support of all Mirus product development activities, including:
- Use of in-depth knowledge of all regulatory and compliance requirements to guide optimised seat
- Leadership and application of Cost and Weight optimisation techniques
- Application of manufacturing and tooling knowledge (DFM) to ensure shortest development lead-times are
- Support Supply Chain with the strategic development of key commodity
- Preparing and presenting both internal and customer design
- Specification and application of appropriate CAE tools (e.g., component analysis, system dynamic modelling, digital mock-up etc) to ensure the continued successful application of Mirus’ virtual design and development
What we look for:
- Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Experienced user of Solidworks
- Experience with prototype manufacturing processes
- Understanding of EASA Part 21
- Thrive in a challenging environment and have a flexible attitude
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org