We're looking to add a seating design engineer to the Engineering Team. You will be joining Mirus at an important phase of its on-going growth, and as such, this position would suit an experienced design engineer looking to take the next step in their engineering career.
As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for designing and developing components across the entire life cycle – from concept through to detail design, testing, and serial production. The duties include but are not limited to those shown below.
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You.”
- Designing and creating parts, assemblies and technical drawings using Solidworks
- Design and develop new products and concepts whilst considering improvements for existing product ranges.
- Product support after launch – create, issue and update engineering change requests and ensure drawing records and notes are maintained.
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Good understanding of surface modelling techniques
- High attention to detail of design
- Jig and tool design
- Generate and update layout drawings (LOPA’s, Envelope Drawings, etc)
- Working as one of the engineering team contributing to design concepts and design reviews
- Ability to compile technical reports
- Good understanding of concessions/production permits, ECR’s and Configuration Control
- Design For Manufacturing and Design For Assembly techniques knowledge
- Provide general DFM guidance during the product design process
- Ensure departmental KPIs and deliverables are met
- Liaising with sub-contractors, suppliers and OEM’s.
What we look for:
- Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Experienced user of Solidworks
- Experience with prototype manufacturing processes
- Understanding of EASA Part 21
- Thrive in a challenging environment and have a flexible attitude
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com