Our dynamic Supply Chain team has been expanding at a rapid pace over the past year, and we are now on the hunt for an exceptional Material Planner with a background in engineering and/or manufacturing to join our team and help drive our continued success.
The key elements of this role will involve managing the Material Planning aspect of the supply chain – from raising Purchase Orders, confirming delivery dates with suppliers and ensuring deliveries occur as planned. Additionally the role will include inventory control or raw material stocks and management of the MRP system to ensure parts are available as needed by the Business.
The Material Planner will need to engage constructively with colleagues across the Business to understand and mitigate supply risks and develop a plan which has buy-in from key stakeholders across the business, including Executive Management.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Development of appropriate planning parameters within the ERP / MRP system to procure raw materials efficiently. This will consider supply risk, lead-time, efficient ordering quantities and the development of an effective inventory policy.
- Raise, execute and manage purchase orders. Ensures data in ERP is maintained effectively.
- Expediting material supply and developing actions with colleagues to systemically improve our planning process and reduce shortage recurrence.
- Working effectively with key supply chains in Asia to minimise the total cost of supply to Mirus.
About the person:
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following attributes and skillset:
- Highly analytical and IT literate (primarily with MS Excel) with an understanding of ERP systems in a manufacturing business.
- Articulate and able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and suppliers to influence processes and outcomes.
- Results driven and passionate. Candidates must be persuasive and feel comfortable challenging stakeholders yet able to maintain a professional and collaborative approach when engaging others.
- Experience of working within manufacturing (preferably aerospace or automotive) and an understanding of how supply chain structure, demand signals and inventory planning can be a key component of a firms’ competitiveness.
If you are interested in our brand-new role and want to join an exciting business within the aviation sector, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About our benefits:
- Pension - up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working - flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development - Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth - helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental checkups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year including our Christmas Party!
- Free on-site carparking