Senior Design and Development Engineer
Are you an experienced Senior Design and Development Engineer seeking a new role and looking for the following
- A great team environment
- Guidance and support with your career development
- The opportunity to add value and make a difference within a growing aviation business
Then please look no further than our engineering team!
As a Senior Design and Development Engineer, you are responsible for owning and delivering work packages within the new product development function, achieving on time product delivery and compliance to specifications and customer requirements.
You will work closely with other Mirus functional teams and external stakeholders to ensure effective & efficient design and development, including Design for Manufacture & Assembly, cost, weight, reliability and performance.
The main responsibilities will include the following: (full job description available on request)
- Act as a senior member of the engineering team, championing best practice, developing less experienced colleagues and providing effective support to your line manager, deputising when required.
- Apply professional expertise & judgement appropriately to deliver engineering programmes, using own initiative and with minimal supervision, independently identifying issues & risks & proactively coming up with solutions to overcome them, while escalating issues and risks to management in a timely manner when necessary.
- Support the engineering management team in identifying and implementing improvements to engineering processes systems and tools to maximise the efficiency, quality of output and agility of the engineering team.
- To take ownership for the design & development of key modules of the seat system achieving comfort, reliability, performance, aesthetic, cost & weight targets.
- To work closely with suppliers to develop the design, taking into consideration supplier capability and piece cost, as well as identifying & exploiting opportunities for technical or commercial advantage.
- Continually drive the design towards DFM (design for manufacture) and DFA (design for assembly).
- Produce high quality 3D & 2D design definition using Solidworks and PDM, along with supporting documentation.
About the person:
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- Proficient user of CAD and PDM systems with experience of best practice modelling and drawing techniques including G,D&T
- Experience of developing product in an aircraft seating environment
- Experience of working on structural mechanical product development programmes in a design, manufacturing and test environment
- Experience in the latest manufacturing techniques such as injection mouldings, vacuum forming, castings, forgings, extrusions and machining from solid
About our benefits:
- Pension - up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working - flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development - Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth - helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental checkups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year including our Christmas Party!
- Free on-site carparking
If you are interested in our Senior Design and Development Engineering role and want to join an exciting business within the aviation sector, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org