Senior Stress and Structures Engineer
The Stress and Structures Engineer will be responsible for supporting CAE activities by carrying out all phases of assigned CAE projects. This will involve finite element modelling, results review, hand calculations and report preparation covering both structural and occupant safety performance of Mirus products. The role is highly CAE focused, using both Optistruct and RADIOSS in order to provide exceptional engineering solutions. The engineer will work closely with all areas of the business in order to ensure the integration of CAE with both physical testing and the wider project team.
Ideal candidates for this role will have a track record of applying CAE tools in order to provide design direction, as well as strong engineering abilities and an aptitude for problem-solving. You would be joining Mirus in a phase of significant growth and will have a flexible, proactive and energetic approach in line with such an environment.
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You.”
- Generate analysis plans, perform hand calculations and create Finite Element Models for a wide range of components and assemblies which meet Mirus modelling guidelines across both Optistruct and RADIOSS solvers.
- Working closely with the senior simulation engineers, Design Engineering, Testing & Development and Certification teams, contribute to CAE development of seat structural performance and occupant injury requirements.
- Working closely with the senior simulation engineers during concept, development and validation phases, create analysis plans and contribute to CAE-led design of Mirus seat assemblies and components which meet the requirements of (for example) dynamic structural testing, occupant injury performance, static strength and component abuse loading to the relevant EASA, FAA and aircraft OEM specifications.
- Support development and validation, including correlation to test, of FE models across all software packages to support the above objectives.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related scientific field.
- Knowledge of Physical test protocols associated with stress, structural and occupant analysis.
- Appreciation of when to apply different methods of CAE.
- Topology/Topography optimisation using Optistruct.
- Ability to produce high-quality FE models and reports under minimal supervision.
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org