Location: Norfolk, UK
Department: Supply Chain
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you passionate about ensuring a seamless supply chain process? Do you have a keen eye for detail and the ability to manage complex material requirements? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Our Supply Chain team has been expanding at a rapid pace over the past year, and we are now on the hunt for an exceptional Material Planner with a background in engineering and/or manufacturing to join our team and help drive our continued success.
The main key elements of this role will involve managing the Material Planning aspect of the supply chain from raising Purchase Orders, confirming delivery dates with suppliers and ensuring deliveries occur as planned. Additionally the role will include inventory control or raw material stocks and management of the MRP system to ensure parts are available as needed by the Business.
The Material Planner will need to engage constructively with colleagues across the Business to understand and mitigate supply risks and develop a plan which has buy-in from key stakeholders across the business, including Executive Management.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include: (full job description available on request)
- Development of appropriate planning parameters within the ERP / MRP system to procure raw materials efficiently. This will consider supply risk, lead-time, efficient ordering quantities and the development of an effective inventory policy.
- Raise, execute and manage purchase orders. Ensures data in ERP is maintained effectively.
- Expediting material supply and developing actions with colleagues to systemically improve our planning process and reduce shortage recurrence.
- Working effectively with key supply chains in Asia to minimise the total cost of supply to Mirus.
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following attributes and skillset:
- Highly analytical and IT literate (primarily with MS Excel) with an understanding of ERP systems in a manufacturing business.
- Articulate and able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and suppliers to influence processes and outcomes.
- Results driven and passionate. Candidates must be persuasive and feel comfortable challenging stakeholders yet able to maintain a professional and collaborative approach when engaging others.
- Experience of working within manufacturing (preferably aerospace or automotive) and an understanding of how supply chain structure, demand signals and inventory planning can be a key component of a firms’ competitiveness.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our Material Planner position. Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of excellence at Mirus!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.