Location: Norfolk, UK
Department: Supply Chain
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you ready for your next role in Supply Chain where you can contribute to a growing team and business? If so, we are excited to announce that we are expanding our Supply Chain team and have a brand new position for a motivated Junior Buyer to come on a journey with us…
As our Junior Buyer you will play a pivotal role in supporting the team with all administration duties and operational initiatives within Mirus’s supply chain and will have a level of autonomy in managing day-to-day workload.
Over time the scope of this role is expected to expand to include responsibilities for a variety of parts for Mirus’s products but the initial primary scope of this role will focus on Purchase Order creation, communicating requirements to suppliers and confirming delivery dates for products and services into Mirus.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- Placing and expediting non-production Purchase Orders.
- This will include managing data-input into the procurement database
- Managing ongoing relationships with indirect (non-production material) suppliers to ensure an effective supplier relationship is maintained.
- Placing orders with suppliers and confirming delivery dates.
- Creating and updating monthly reports, primarily using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Generating monthly KPI performance data to aid supplier improvement activities
- Supporting the Material Planner– including direct engagement with suppliers globally in expediting component supply to Mirus
- Supporting the Supply Chain team in addressing invoice queries with suppliers and updating the procurement system as needed.
- Supporting Supply Chain Team meetings including tracking actions across the function to ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Qualified to Level 3 standard (A Levels or equivalent)
- Experience or demonstrable of working in Supply Chain or Procurement
- Computer Literate – Proficient in MS Office and in particular MS Excel (can use and construct basic formulas, analyse data and generate graphs from data)
- Able to enter / process data in a timely fashion with a high level of accuracy
- Confident telephone manner when dealing with suppliers.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.