Location: Hingham, UK
Department: Supply Chain
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you an expert in coordinating complex supply chain operations? Do you possess a keen eye for detail and the ability to streamline logistical processes seamlessly? Look no further! We have a brand new role within our Supply Chain team for a talented, experienced and results-driven Logistics Planner.
The key elements of this role will involve supporting logistics planning and procurement within Mirus’s supply chain. The role will initially focus on inbound logistics, with scope to covering outbound logistics to customers in time.
Mirus sources product globally and uses both sea and air freight to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of parts to Mirus. This role will manage the sourcing and commercial agreements with logistics partners as well as the operational execution of deliveries.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- Planning logistics / deliveries for component deliveries.
- Understanding and managing export and import compliance requirements.
- Working with Buyers to agree the appropriate incoterms for each supplier.
- Working alongside Material Planners to build a robust supply chain process to ensure parts are available as required.
- Build effective relationships with Production and Sales colleagues to ensue, if needed, Logistics support is available for supply of After-Sales and Finished Goods to customers globally.
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Qualified to Level 3 standard (A Levels or equivalent)
- Experience of working in Supply Chain, Logistics or Procurement
- Able to enter / process data in a timely fashion with a high level of accuracy.
- Understanding of demand planning and stock control.
- Able to prioritise workload, deal with challenging and time critical situations calmly and effectively.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our Logistics Planner position. Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of production excellence!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.