Design & Development Engineer
Location: Norfolk, UK
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you an experienced Design and Development Engineer seeking a new role and looking for the following:
- A great team environment
- Guidance and support with your career development
- The opportunity to add value and make a difference within a growing aviation business
Then please look no further than our engineering team!
As a Design and Development Engineer, you are responsible for owning and delivering work packages within the new product development function, achieving on time product delivery and compliance to specifications and customer requirements.
You will work closely with other Mirus functional teams and external stakeholders to ensure effective & efficient design and development, including Design for Manufacture & Assembly, cost, weight, reliability and performance.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- To design & develop discrete elements of the seat system achieving comfort, reliability, performance, aesthetic, cost & weight targets.
- To work closely with suppliers to develop the design, taking into consideration supplier capability and piece cost, as well as identifying & exploiting opportunities for technical or commercial advantage.
- Support the Mirus Supply Chain and Quality teams to aid suppliers to deliver to the required quality and specification.
- Continually drive the design towards DFM (design for manufacture) and DFA (design for assembly).
- Generate and contribute to the generation of development timing plans, and actively engage in measures to adhere to plan.
- Drive problem solving activities related to design, development, quality, and manufacturing issues.
- Take responsibility for assigned elements of the seat design, ensuring parts and assemblies are designed to achieve an integrated seat and aircraft installation design solution.
- Produce high quality 3D & 2D design definition using Solidworks and PDM, along with supporting documentation.
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- Proficient user of CAD and PDM systems with experience of best practice modelling and drawing techniques including G,D&T
- Experience of developing product in an aircraft seating environment
- Experience of working on structural mechanical product development programmes in a design, manufacturing and test environment
- Experience in the latest manufacturing techniques such as injection mouldings, vacuum forming, castings, forgings, extrusions and machining from solid
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our Engineering position. Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of excellence at Mirus!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.