Location: Reading, UK
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you an experienced Design Engineer seeking a new role and looking for the following:
- A great team environment
- Guidance and support with your career development
- The opportunity to add value and make a difference within a growing aviation business
Then please look no further than our engineering team!
As a Design Engineer, you are responsible for owning and delivering work packages within the applications engineering function, achieving on time product delivery and compliance to customer and airframe specifications and to the regulatory requirements.
You will work closely with other Mirus functional teams and external stakeholders to ensure effective & efficient configuration, customisation and design of aircraft seating products.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- To deliver linefit and retrofit engineering projects on time, to specification, ensuring compliance to the airframe and regulatory (CAA, EASA and FAA) requirements.
- Generate and contribute to the generation of customer delivery timing plans, and actively engage in measures to adhere to plan.
- Conduct presentations externally at critical reviews to the customer
- Liaise with certification, test and stress teams to ensure designs meet the structural and aircraft airworthiness requirements
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Experience of delivering aircraft interiors product that is compliant to the airframe spec and CAA, EASA & FAA regulatory requirements
- Experience of delivering product in an aircraft seating environment
- Diligent, enthusiastic, and driven, with an excellent work ethic, and a “can do” attitude
- Highly adaptable and capable of making decisions in a fast and pressured environment
- Good personal time management and comfortable working to deadlines
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our Design Engineer position. Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of production excellence!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.