Certification Engineer (Senior or Lead)
Location: Reading/Norfolk, UK
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an excellent new opportunity for an experienced Certification Engineer to join our growing engineering team as a Senior or a Lead. This role has two locations and can be based in either our UK Head Office in Norfolk or our satellite office in Winnersh (near Reading).
Within this role you will be accountable for the output of the Certification function required to achieve the overall business objectives, ensuring the design, development, certification, and delivery of safe and reliable products that meeting out targets and that are on time and to cost.
This role will lead, plan and ensure timely completion of all airworthiness certification activities throughout the engineering lifecycle, ensuring that company designs are certified to UK, EASA, FAA or National Authority regulations, and satisfy the customer contract specifications.
With strong experience in an aerospace certification environment and an excellent working knowledge of CS-UKTSO, CS-ETSO, CS-25 and associated regulatory requirements, the Certification Manager will facilitate and manage all certification activities to ensure timely completion of all project.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- Representing and steering the Certification Team, including organising team daily activities to deliver project deliverables to schedule
- Defining the certification route for all projects and new products being developed.
- Ensuring the generation of all project specific certification documentation is accurate.
- Liaison with regulatory & certification bodies, (including EASA, CAA and MAA), to maintain and develop the airworthiness approvals held by the company.
- Checking and approving test plans and reports generated by the certification team
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Significant experience in an Aerospace certification environment with specific experience in cabin interiors, ideally seating.
- Experience of working within a ADOA or DOA environment.
- Experience of leading communications with third party regulatory or certification organisations and OEMs, including EASA, CAA, Airbus, Boeing etc.
- Specific experience of structures, cabin safety, flammability subject matters
- Demonstrable experience of ensuring certification outputs conform to company and regulatory policy.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the regulatory requirements of EASA 2Part 21J , Part 21G, CS25 and ETSO Process.
- Strong verbal, technical writing, and written communication skills for internal company, customer, and authority interactions.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude, is flexible and is comfortable in a changing environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.