Lead Design Engineer
Location: Reading, UK
Department: Supply Chain
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you an experienced Lead Design Engineer seeking a new role and looking for the following:
- A great team environment
- Guidance and support with your career development
- The opportunity to add value and make a difference within a growing aviation business
Then please look no further than our engineering team!
As a Lead Design Engineer, you will be expected to lead a team of engineers, providing technical supervision, guidance, and coordination to efficiently deliver multiple engineering tasks, products, and projects, ensuring they adhere to required programme timings, specification, budget, product cost, weight, and quality.
To be technically responsible for the products that you and your team are configuring and engineering. To develop a depth and breadth of product knowledge for your assigned products, to inform business decision making and ensure the effective management of the product throughout its lifecycle.
You will be responsible for the technical sign-off of engineering changes and design releases generated within your team, utilise, maintain and support the use and development of a PDM system to aid the control, release, and output of engineering data. You will also Support the Engineering management team in the day-to-day operation and continual development of the Engineering Team.
There will be an expectation to carry out aircraft seating design, investigation, and engineering work utilising Catia V5/ Solidworks and ensure that designs are carried out in accordance with the relevant EASA, FAA and Airframe Specifications, and achieve Certification as efficiently as possible. You will also make sure the design meets the aesthetic and technical ambitions of the customer.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate that you are an effective communicator ensuring departmental objectives are met, liaise directly with customers, OEM’s, Aircraft Manufacturers, and key suppliers.
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- Proficient user of CAD and PDM systems with experience of best practice modelling and drawing techniques including G, D&T
- Experience of delivering aircraft interiors product that is compliant to the airframe spec and CAA, EASA & FAA regulatory requirements
- Experience of working on mechanical product delivery programmes in a design, and manufacturing environment
- Managerial skills and experience of leading a small team
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to propose innovative ideas
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our Lead Engineer position. Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of excellence at Mirus!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.