Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Norfolk, UK
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a passionate and experienced manufacturing engineer ready to take the lead in shaping the future of our production processes? We are actively seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as a Lead Manufacturing Engineer. If you’re driven by innovation, efficiency, and excellence in manufacturing, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
This brand new role will lead our manufacturing engineering effort with the development and deployment of strategies to ensure that NPI/D programs are executed on time and to the highest standard. It will also include developing our current and future production capabilities and processes, ensuring they are continually improved with the introduction of new technologies while seeking year on year manufacturing cost reductions.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- Develop manufacturing strategy in collaboration with Operations Director to support future business.
- Coordinate, plan resources and manage support for multiple projects to successful completion.
- Implement daily lean management systems to support business operations, working towards process optimisation activity to achieve a Right First Time and cost reduction.
- Research and develop new processes, equipment, and products, introducing automation where practicable.
- Development of personnel under your direct supervision, including technical and behavioural coaching.
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Degree in manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience working in a highly regulated industry as a Manufacturing/Production engineer or continuous improvement professional.
- Leadership or Line Management experience.
- Working knowledge of robots in manufacturing and plant automation.
- Knowledge Manufacturing with ability to evaluate, develop and improve existing Production processes
- High level of personal accountability and a strong bias for action.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our Manufacturing Engineer position. Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of production excellence!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.