Lead Logistics Planner
Location: Norfolk, UK
Department: Supply Chain
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
The key elements of this role will involve supporting logistics planning and procurement within Mirus’s supply chain. The scope of the role will evolve; initially focusing on inbound logistics with development in the future to include outbound logistics covering after-sales and finished goods shipments.
Mirus sources product globally and uses both sea and air freight to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of parts to Mirus. This role will manage the sourcing and commercial agreements with logistics partners as well as the operational execution of deliveries.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- Planning logistics and deliveries for component deliveries, identifying suitable 3rd party logistics providers, agreeing pricing and commercial frameworks for sea freight, air and road transport, liaising with component suppliers to coordinate the collection / delivery of parts.
- Placing orders with logistics suppliers and tracking deliveries from “door to door” and ensuring parts arrive on-time as required.
- Working effectively across the team to improve part availability whilst managing freight costs and stock levels across the supply chain.
- Understand and manage export and import compliance and clearance requirements, maintaining accurate records to ensure compliance can be evidenced.
- Review and agree appropriate incoterms for each supplier.
- Working alongside Material Planners to build a robust supply chain process to ensure parts are available as required and Production and Sales colleagues to ensure Logistics support is available for supply of After-Sales and Finished Goods to customers globally.
ABOUT THE PERSON
You must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Experience of working in Supply Chain, Logistics or Procurement
- Experience of managing freight companies in an international manufacturing business.
- A demonstrable knowledge of import and export compliance requirements.
- An interest in working in the aerospace sector and ideally experience of supplying aerospace OEM’s and a knowledge of their logistics requirements.
- We would welcome application from those who have CILT membership or are studying towards.
We can offer a thriving career with us if you are enthusiastic, ambitious, and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and want to join an exciting business within the aviation sector that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our Logistics Planner position.
Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of production excellence!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.