Location: Hingham, UK
Department: Supply Chain
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking a skilled and ambitious Purchasing Manager (internally known as a Category and NPI Team Manager) to join our team to help drive our company’s growth and success. This is a brand-new unique opportunity for a motivated professional to make a significant impact within our organisation and help shape the future of our busy supply chain team.
This role will be a key position with the Supply Chain function. Primarily focused on leading a small team of Buyers managing key categories of spend and new product development initiatives, this role will be a responsible for managing costs and sourcing risk.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- Managing Buyers responsible for identified procurement categories and New Product Introduction. This will include agreeing an appropriate organisational structure to support business growth, managing staff development and ensuring that the function provides an effective service to internal stakeholders
- Ensuring projects are delivered on-time, to budget and with a sustainable high quality supply base.
- Proactively influencing colleagues to address risks to project deliverables; cost, quality and lead-time.
- Lead the development of precise material cost (BOM cost) targets. Ensuring these targets are robust yet achievable.
- Create a sustainable supply chain that addresses the strategic requirement for competitive costs whilst mitigating lead-times in the development phase of product engineering.
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Qualified at Degree level or equivalent working experience within purchasing, supply chain, materials control, logistics or expediting within manufacturing or engineering industry
- Experience of working with suppliers based in Asia
- Demonstrable management of a buyer functions across a variety of categories of spend
- Able to create data-driven reports and communicate clear status updates to colleagues and senior management
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels both internally and externally
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our brand-new supply chain role now! Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of production excellence!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.