Location: Norfolk, UK
Department: Supply Chain
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are excited to announce that we are expanding our Supply Chain team and have several roles on offer including a NPI Buyer position.
The key elements of this role will involve managing key projects within Mirus’s supply chain. Primarily focused on supporting new product development initiatives, this role will be a key part of the business’s project team in managing costs and sourcing risk to ensure projects are delivered on-time, to budget and with a sustainable high quality supply base.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- Proactively influencing colleagues to address risks to project deliverables; cost, quality and lead-time.
- Support the development of precise material cost (BOM cost) targets. Ensuring these targets are robust yet achievable.
- Develop clear cost targets and support “Design to Cost” initiatives with suppliers and Engineering colleagues.
- Track project sourcing, BOM cost and lead-times through engagement with Supply Chain Category Management colleagues, Project Managers and Engineering.
- Manage tooling and NRE costs with external suppliers to deliver to optimise project costs.
- Maintain effective and positive working relationships within Supply Chain and across the business.
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Analytical and articulate. Able to communicate clearly to colleagues across the business. Comfortable using data to support discussions and able to use this to develop clarity.
- Results driven and passionate. Candidates must be persuasive and feel comfortable challenging stakeholders yet able to maintain a professional and collaborative approach when engaging others.
- Experience of working in manufacturing and show an understanding of international supply chain management and the challenges and opportunities this brings.
- Experience of working with technical colleagues in Engineering and Project Management. Able to demonstrate an understanding of structured processes when engaging suppliers to optimise design and project management tools used in product development.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.