Location: Norfolk, UK
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you an experienced production professional with a passion for innovation and excellence? Do you thrive in leading a demanding serial volume production factory? If so, we want you to be part of our team!
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a talented Production Manager to lead our production team and contribute to our success.
This pivotal role will see you leading, managing and shaping the production departments to effectively support the ramp up to a high-volume aircraft interiors manufacturing facility.
The successful individual will be familiar with the aviation culture and comfortable operating within the demanding requirements of this sector. You will be commercially astute, familiar with a serial production in a lean environment and driven to ensure factory targets and KPIs are met whilst ensuring the necessary procedures are rigorously followed. To achieve this, you will be a personable manager who leads from the front and is able to develop the operational structure to ensure the business is prepared, and able, to deliver both current and future volume requirements.
- Warehouse & Goods Receiving/Dispatch
- Health & Safety
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- To support development of manufacturing strategy in collaboration with Operations Director and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Full accountability for all production delivery targets and budgets.
- Support implementation of lean daily management.
- Identify, lead and implement cost down and efficiency programmes.
- To work with, and drive, all supporting departments to ensure targets are achieved.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the production team.
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Time served and experienced in leading a demanding serial volume production factory
- A significant portion of the time served experience must have been gained from within either automotive or aircraft OEM or First Tier supply companies.
- Demonstrable experience implementing and/or working in a Lean environment and use of lean tools and methodology
- Engineering biased HNC / HND or equivalent experience
- Well-developed leadership skills, able to work across all functions to ensure maximum collaboration.
- Thrive in a challenging environment, be approachable and have a flexible attitude
- With changing workloads and demands, you must be flexible and able to work hours as required to support the success of their department.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our Production Manager position. Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of production excellence!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.