Production Planning Manager
Location: Norfolk, UK
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you an experienced production planning professional with a passion for manufacturing and driving efficiency? Are you ready to take the next step in your career and lead a team to success? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Production Planning Manager (internally known as a Master Planner Manager) to join our team and play a crucial role in shaping the future of our production processes.
As manager of the planning team, you will own MIRUS’ Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) Process and lead the interface between Sales, Engineering, Operations and Procurement functions to ensure an agreed aggregated plan is achieved and communicated through the business, considering the availability of resources that are directed to achieving our core objectives.
You will have overall responsibility for the facilitation of new part set-up and the accuracy of ERP Master data, to ensure manufacturing costs are fully articulated and plan predictability.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- Lead MIRUS’ SIOP (Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning) Process – take the lead in coordinating appropriate meetings, with relevant reporting and data management.
- Lead and develop people using effective methods and processes to ensure highest levels of performance.
- Ensure timely liaison between the relevant functions to ensure parts inventory availability to meet production plans.
- Development of processes and procedures to maximize the efficiency, repeatability, and performance as applicable in support of business operational needs.
- Develop production schedules based on demand forecasts to meet customer requirements and communicate with other departments to ensure wide knowledge and agreement to production schedules and deadlines.
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field or equivalent vocational training
- Proven experience leading a production planning department in a complex manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Excellent knowledge of production planning, materials supply and quality control principles.
- Ability to evaluate, develop, document, and improve processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate, coach and influence at all levels both internally, cross functionally and externally.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our Production Planning Manager position. Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of production excellence!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.