Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Hingham, UK
Department: Supply Chain
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be involved in the supplier assessment, appraisal, approval, monitoring and control activities. You will also be expected to flow down applicable requirements (company, regulatory, international standards, customer etc) and ensure and verify compliance. You will also lead supplier development and improvement activities to improve overall supplier performance, lower cost and build a more robust supply chain.
In this role you will look after a combination of QE/QA activities and assist the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer of Supply Chain in the creation and management of the supplier audit plan. You will also be expected to lead FMEA activities, concerns resolution, root cause analysis and corrective action verification activities and provide supplier performance metrics to enable issuing of monthly supplier performance score cards.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
You must be an excellent communicator and presenter, capable of liaising with and influencing all stakeholders including department and supplier representatives. Some of the main responsibilities will include:
- Support the management of supplier rejects / returns / audit non-conformances / corrective action reports and verify root cause and associated corrective actions and long-term preventative actions.
- Is able to and Identify opportunities to utilise lean methodologies across suppliers. Manage the assessment and execution of initiatives and ensure improvements are effectively delivered.
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements.
- Is familiar with problem solving tools such as 8D, 5’Y, DMICA, FISH BONE, and can support on technical issues.
- Is able to provide support during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers with regard to product development and procurement of parts
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Have a quality background gained within a medium to high volume manufacturing environment. Ideally, the candidate will have prior experience in the aerospace or automotive sectors and a broad understanding of different types of commodities types.
- Is familiar with different types of manufacturing methods, techniques and processes and is able to comfortably articulate and challenge when required.
- Is able in performing supplier audits / surveillance to verify compliance to Part 21 Subpart G, AS9100, ISO 9001 and specific customer requirements, using MIRUS internal processes.
- Is able in identifying and communicating internally, any potential risk to the supply chain and able communicate this to stakeholders, (Risk based thinking!).
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our brand-new supply chain role now! Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of production excellence!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.