Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Norfolk, UK
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a skilled Manufacturing Engineer looking to take your career to the next level? Are you passionate about innovation, problem-solving, and driving operational excellence? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer who you will support the launch of new products and processes, acting as an New Product Development (NPD) Project Team representative for the Production department. You will proactively lead or support all activities associated with MIRUS’ development of current and future capabilities and processes.
You will ensure that our processes are continually improved, optimising both the introduction of new technologies and seeking year on year manufacturing cost reductions and efficiencies improvements.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- Comply with and fulfil Manufacturing Engineering requirements throughout the NPD Process
- Develop existing and new manufacturing equipment, processes and methods in line with business objectives
- Lead process optimisation activity to achieve manufacturing cost reductions and quality improvements
- Analyse process performance and development improvement projects using DMAIC approach
- Assist in process-writing tasks, using interlocked and error proofing process control systems
- Support the Production Manager with production system improvements, continuous Improvement activity and lean culture development/change
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- Relevant (IMechE) or (IET) qualification / Apprenticeship or equivalent vocational training.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry such as Automotive / Aerospace OEM or First Tier supplier or equivalent industries as a Manufacturing / Production engineer
- Experience of working within a team to meet set deliverables within a manufacturing / production
- Practical working knowledge of Robotics and Automation including operational programming.
- Ability to evaluate, develop and improve existing Production processes.
- High level of personal accountability and a strong bias for action.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our Senior Manufacturing Engineer position. Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of production excellence!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.