Technical Publications Engineer
Location: Reading/Norfolk, UK
Type: Full Time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you passionate about creating clear, concise, and informative technical documentation? Do you have a ability for transforming complex technical information into easily understandable materials? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for an experienced Technical Publications Engineer to join our engineering team and support our internal and external stakeholders with the following:
- Generation and delivery of Technical Publications documents to customers, including CMM’s, SB’s, SL’s and TR’s
- Point of contact for the customers and authorities for all technical documentation queries
- Manage publishing software tools required by the business
- Co-ordinate the compilation and publishing of manufacturing instructions if required
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The main responsibilities will include:
- Meeting the requirements of applicable ATA specifications
- Authoring and publishing documentation to high standards that serve the customer’s needs to service and maintainability of the seating product.
- Working with the design data and guidance materials to produce good quality and compliant documentation
- Take responsibility of progress of technical publications documentations against project plan(s) to ensure documentations are available when expected and required by the customer
- To ensure existing CMM’s are maintained, revision controlled and communicated with our customers in a timely manner.
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally with all relevant parties including but not limited to engineering, production, quality assurance, customers, suppliers, aircraft manufacturers, external (A)DOA organisations
- Understand the product limitations based on airworthiness, certification basis and/or design, and ensure the documentations generated are a true representation of these limitations
ABOUT THE PERSON
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the below attributes and skillsets:
- An engineering degree/HND or HNC
- Previous experiencing of working in a Technical Publications Role
- Experience of authoring a complex product publication with both Mechanical and electrical components.
- Must have a good knowledge of publishing software and tools
- Must have used CAD images to aid authoring of publications
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of a company that values your skills and contributions, we encourage you to apply for our Technical Publications Engineer position. Come on a journey with us and be part of shaping the future of Mirus!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2015, Mirus Aircraft Seating Ltd has grown rapidly to become a leading aircraft seating OEM, with operations in the UK, Malaysia and China. We seek excellence at every step, from conception to delivery and beyond.
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way, by those who dare to challenge the accepted norm.”Ben McGuire, Chief Executive Officer
We believe form, function, innovation, sustainability, and the best possible passenger experience are all mutual cornerstones of success when putting pen to paper on a new design and delivering to our airline customers.
Along with our proven record of delivering large and small scale OEM and airline retrofit programs to some of the biggest names in the industry, we are committed to bringing the highest quality seating and unparalleled service to our customers.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Pension – up to 8% contribution (4% Employee/ 4% Employer)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An additional day off on or around your birthday
- Christmas shut down
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long Service Award
- Agile working – flexibility around start and finish times in line with our policy
- Early finish on a Friday
- Training and development – Support, coaching and guidance from a team of industry leading renowned specialists
- Generous Family Friendly Benefits
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- SimplyHealth – helps cover every day healthcare costs such as eye tests and dental check ups, as well as providing mental health support and access to GP services
- Social events throughout the year
- Free on-site parking
At Mirus, we’re committed to creating a welcoming environment for all applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments during your interview process, please let us know.