We are excited to announce that we are expanding our Supply Chain team and have several roles on offer including a Category Buyer position.
The key elements of this role will see you leading on the creation and execution of a robust procurement category strategy for a defined area of spend. This will include analyzing spend, technology roadmaps, evaluating supplier capability and capacity and competitiveness to establish a low cost, high quality and agile supply base for your area of control.
The Buyer will need to engage constructively with colleagues across the Business to understand and mitigate supply risks and develop a plan which has buy-in from key stakeholders across the business, including Executive Management.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of a procurement Category strategy for a defined area of spend. Including supplier selection and negotiation of terms.
- Managing supplier performance and leading on tactical and strategic actions to mitigate supply risks.
- Lead structured business reviews with key preferred suppliers to improve cost, quality and delivery performance. Encouraging collaboration with key partners where appropriate.
- Working with suppliers globally to ensure Mirus develops an agile yet low cost supplier base.
About the person:
To be a successful candidate for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following attributes and skillset:
- Analytical and articulate. Able to communicate clearly to colleagues across the business. Comfortable using data to support discussions and able to use this to develop clarity.
- Results driven and passionate. Candidates must be persuasive and feel comfortable challenging stakeholders yet able to maintain a professional and collaborative approach when engaging others.
- Experience of working in manufacturing and show an understanding of international supply chain management and the challenges and opportunities this brings.
- Experience of using ERP systems to manage supply chains and an understanding of how these systems can improve planning processes.
You will have a thriving career with us if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
If you are interested in our brand-new roles and want to join an exciting business within the aerospace sector, tthen please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today!