Lead Stress Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as the Lead Stress Engineer, we are looking for someone who will be accountable for the safe, reliable, and optimised structural design of an aircraft seat across multiple programmes.
You will have responsibility for all CAE activities by carrying out all phases of assigned CAE projects. This will involve finite element modelling, results review, hand calculations and steering the design to ensure both structural and occupant safety performance of Mirus products. The role is highly CAE focused, using both Optistruct and RADIOSS to provide exceptional engineering solutions. The engineer will work closely with all areas of the business to ensure the integration of CAE with both physical testing and the wider project team.
Working with the Engineering Team, Lead Engineers, and the Certification Team, you will ensure that our products will meet the regulatory guidelines and requirements. Meeting the customer brief in accordance with the programme delivery, in terms of structural integrity (strength and impact resistance), stiffness, cost and weight.
You would be joining Mirus in a phase of significant growth and will have a flexible, proactive and energetic approach in line with such an environment.
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You.”
Ideal candidates for this role will have a track record of applying CAE tools in order to provide design direction, as well as strong engineering abilities and an aptitude for problem-solving. The successful candidate should also have demonstrable experience of leading teams.
- To lead a small team of stress engineers to deliver high quality work in support of development of new product.
- To develop and optimise the structural design of our seating products through performing complex linear and non-linear static and dynamic FE analyses.
- Generate analytical plans, perform hand calculations, and create Finite Element Models for a wide range of components and assemblies which meet Mirus modelling guidelines across both Optistruct and RADIOSS solvers.
- Lead and deliver technical problem-solving activities.
- Working closely with the Design and Development Engineering, Test and Certification teams, contribute to CAE development of seat structural performance and occupant injury requirements.
- Analysing and optimising both metallic and composite structures that meet customer, structural and regulatory requirements.
- To develop a right first-time approach to engineering through analytical methodology, procedures development and documentation. This includes developing a strong correlation between testing and analytical methods.
- Defining, driving, planning, monitoring and controlling your output and that of your reports to ensure achievement of the defined schedule and specification for multiple concurrent projects.
- Collaborate with and supporting the engineering department to develop their designs from a structural perspective as efficiently as possible.
- To be the key stress signatory for structural design approvals.
- Preparing for, managing, and presenting internal and customer engineering reviews.
- Build and maintain an intimate knowledge of relevant airworthiness regulations.
- Use the latest analytical processes and materials to ensure innovation is constantly being met.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org