Lead Design & Development Engineer
As our Lead D&D Engineer, you will be expected to lead a team of engineers, providing technical supervision, guidance, and coordination to efficiently deliver multiple engineering tasks, products, and projects, ensuring they adhere to required programme timings, specification, budget, product cost, weight, and quality.
To be technically responsible for the products that you and your team are engineering and develop a depth and breadth of product knowledge for your assigned products, to inform business decision making and ensure the effective management of the product throughout its lifecycle (Engineering Product Owner).
You will be responsible for the technical sign-off of engineering changes and design releases generated within your team, utilise, maintain and support the use and development of a PDM system to aid the control, release, and output of engineering data. You will also Support the Engineering management team in the day-to-day operation and continual development of the Engineering Team.
Mirus Aircraft Seating is a high-performance Business founded in 2015 with a mission to disrupt the aircraft seating industry. We’re committed to delivering the most complete and competitive seating package available by introducing and applying technologies and best practices from Formula 1 and the automotive industry, we bring a real and measured innovation into aircraft seating. This pioneering approach was validated through a record-breaking launch contract for >100,000 Hawk economy seats. One of the largest aircraft seating orders ever.
“Our mission is not only to deliver the best aircraft seats in the world but also to ensure the best ownership experience. We are committed to Moving You”
- Defining, driving, planning, monitoring, and controlling the design engineering team output to ensure achievement of the defined schedule and specification
- Lead and support direct reports with the design and development of the aircraft seat, including the checking of designs (including clash detection) and drawings (including tolerance stack assessment), raising and managing ECR’s, drawing sign off, ensuring accurate BOM output and authorising concessions.
- Provide status reports to management on project targets and status
- Preparing for, managing and presenting internal and external engineering reviews on behalf of their team.
- Leading problem-solving activities.
- To support the Engineering management in continuous improvement & best practice activities, including setting up systems, processes, tools to maximise the efficiency, quality of output and agility of the engineering team.
- Perform design activities of structural components, including metal, plastics and composite using Solidworks. Will undertake design studies and progress their own work through to production.
- To perform fundamental engineering hand calculations (including stress and stiffness) to substantiate the design of the product.
- To work with the Stress team to analyse and resolve structural performance concerns in order to achieve weight and durability targets.
What we look for:
- Proactive attitude to projects and developing new ideas
- Knowledge of Aerospace technologies and product development
- Strong Mechanical or related Engineering degree
- The ability to communicate and present at all levels
- Familiar with working to tight deadlines or within a target driven climate
- Willingness to learn
- Time management and organisational skills
- Team player
- Experience in leading/managing/supervising a team of engineers and demonstrable experience of technical product ownership
- Finite Element Analysis experience
You will have a thriving career if you are enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate about innovation as well as motivated by a hardworking and a collaborative environment. In return, we promise to give you the autonomy to cultivate your potential and ensure we celebrate success as a team.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org